6.17.2009

Getting Started!

I've had several people ask me how to start digi scrapping since I started my blog. So I decided I'd share how I got started and what software I use.

I used to be a traditional scrapper but I hated the mess that came along with it. I have a cousin that started doing it and I loved the look and the ease of doing it. When I started I purchased a software called My Memory Suite by Polaroid. I love this software because it is so easy to use. If you can use email you can use this product. This is the software I would suggest using if you want to start and don't want a learning curve.

I did this layout with the My Memory Suite software.

After a year or so I purchased Adobe Photoshop Elements 6 and I love this software as well. You can do the same things in photoshop that you can in MMS plus more. In PSE you can do more to the photo and you work in layers - so if you start getting more into digi scrapping it allows you to do a few more things. However, this is not a user friendly software. You definitely have to teach yourself through tutorials or take classes.


I did this layout in Photoshop Elements.

I use a Mac and both softwares work on a Mac and a PC. I still use MMS and PSE depending on my mood or the project. If you want to check them out yourself here are the links to the software I use.
MMS and PSE

No comments:

Post a Comment