3.10.2010

Granola Bars

Last night I mentioned that I made some really good granola bars and they were way simple. I actually found the recipe off of allrecipes.com but I changed a few things up. Here is my final recipe - I will defiantly make these again. :)

  • 2 cups rolled oats
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup wheat germ
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1 cup raisins
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup honey
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract

  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Generously grease a 9x13 inch baking pan.
  2. In a large bowl, mix together the oats, brown sugar, wheat germ, cinnamon, flour, raisins and salt. Make a well in the center, and pour in the honey, egg, oil and vanilla. Mix well using your hands. Pat the mixture evenly into the prepared pan leaving about 1 inch space at one end of the pan (leave the space if you want them chewy).
  3. Bake for approx. 18 minutes in the preheated oven, until the bars begin to turn golden at the edges. Cool for 5 minutes, then cut into bars while still warm. Do not allow the bars to cool completely before cutting, or they will be too hard to cut.

1 comment:

  1. ha, was this a recipe of the day (or maybe in the email newsletter)? playgroup granola bars or something? I've been dying to make them since I saw them on allrecipes. Looks like we both really do love this site, as we're both blogging about it. Happy cooking!

    ReplyDelete