3.05.2010

My Staple Pasta Salad

As I was running around today I started to think about what I was going to make for dinner tonight and I realized that I am always trying to figure out what I'm going to make next - so I might as well post some of my favorites here. So for the first recipe I'm going to share a staple in my home - Pasta Salad. I don't have a name or even a recipe for this salad because I just throw it together. It is awesome to make a head of time and even better for lunch the next day! :) As I already mentioned I'm just going to list ingredients and a possible 'questimate' for amounts.

My Staple Pasta Salad
1 chicken breast shredded
- I coat with olive oil and salt and pepper and then grill
1 1/2 pkg of vegetable pasta
- cook according to package - al dente
1/2 bunch of green onion
grapes - almost and entire bag
3-4 stalks of celery
1-2 cans of olives - sliced
basil
Just enough Mayo to moisten all the ingredients, but no more
salt and pepper to taste - I like a lot of pepper

That is the basic and then if I have any veggies like broccoli or something I might blanch it (if it needs it) and throw it in. Basically anything you want you can throw in.

No comments:

Post a Comment