3.09.2010

Edible Play Dough **

I know this sounds pretty funky - and it sort of was. I was browsing allrecipes.com for my weekly menu and I found a recipe for Edible Play Dough. Ellie is always eating play dough anyways so I thought it might be fun. This afternoon the kids ran to the cupboard yelling "play dough! play dough!" so I thought it would be a great time to try it out. The recipes goes as follows:

2 cups powdered milk
2 cups honey
2 cups peanut butter

As you can see from the title it only got 2 stars (* yes that is a star :D ). It was way too sticky so I added some flax seed meal and some rolled oats, which helped a little bit. I guess the plus side was that it did taste pretty good and Ellie defiantly didn't have a problem eating it. They still had fun playing with it and making a mess. I told Drew about it and he always likes to point out the obvious to me - "honey and peanut butter those aren't sticky at all!" That's ok - common sense has never been my thing. :)





Although the play dough wasn't what I would call successful - I did find a great recipe for homemade granola bars that I will have to share tomorrow. It is already way too late so I'll have to post more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment